Construction of custom databases
Complete information management functions, from data entry to customizable queries and reports, including:
- Database planning, design, and implementation
- Data collection, processing, and quality control
- Development and testing of custom questionnaires and survey forms
- Design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Generation of decision-making information
- Presentation of results with high-quality tabular and graphical output, using variety of reporting methods
Why is data management important?
Data management ensures data quality. High data quality is essential to confidence of users. Scientific conclusions need to be based on valid data and results should be reproducible. Documentation must show that generally accepted scientific methods were utilized.
Our Data Management Group has the expertise to:
Capture and store data
Development of common databases and interfaces linked into collaborative problem-solving systems.
Retrieve quickly and present in an appropriate format
Automation of frequently used printouts or reports. Enabling quick and easy access to information from the database for use in GIS, statistical analysis and report tables.
Make accessible for all data users
Ensuring simplicity of use. Development of queries that eliminate the need for users to be familiar with database structures or languages.
Detection and correction of data errors and inconsistencies.
Interpretation and evaluation
Automating key data management tasks. Reduction of labor compared to manual data evaluation techniques.
Clear and meaningful description of data. We follow best standards to ensure:
- Assigning descriptive file names
- Using consistent and stable file formats
- Defining the parameters
- Using consistent data organization
- Performing quality assurance
- Assigning descriptive data set titles and
- Providing documentation